To ensure a successful pharma launch and ongoing sales of these new products, it’s critical you plan a launch sequence that encompasses several common touch-points.
And while each plan must be carefully tailored to unique markets and disease states, elements like these should be included:
- Landscape analysis: Gather strategic insights, from market and sales data to scientific developments, informing scenario planning as you approach the new product launch.
- Agency partners: Align with an experienced agency 18-24 months ahead of launch to begin market research and development, marketing and PR outreach.To ensure a successful pharma launch and ongoing sales of these new products, it’s critical you plan a launch sequence that encompasses several common touch-points. Click To Tweet
- Disease state awareness: Begin seeding the market with education and communications aimed at providers and patients, with a focus on the disease state.
- Third-party allies/advocacy: Identify important provider and patient groups, and create advisory boards based on these audiences to best position the product and your brand as it aligns with their mission/purpose. Patient advocacy nonprofits, or those specific to a disease or cure, can be integral in education initiatives while advancing a common health mission.
- Multiple spokespersons: Media train an array of spokespersons who can speak intelligently about product benefits and scientific developments.
- Science and education: Work closely with medical affairs, R&D, and/or clinical investigators/institutions throughout the product lifecycle, exploring opportunities to push out new data as it is released that demonstrates effectiveness, establishes patient and provider trust, and fosters an educated and receptive market.
- Digital marketing: Develop communications strategies that also integrate mobile, digital and social channels, where your consumers and providers increasingly receive their information.
Blastoff: Though by no means a one-size-fits-all proposal, by incorporating the above launch sequencing elements into your marketing and PR efforts, you’ll implement a strategy to maximize a new product launch, and ongoing marketing and sales success. For more detailed information on these tactics, download our new e-book.
For more insights on communications and brand strategy, industry trends and more, subscribe today to the Weekly Buzz here.