At a recent conference attended by a client’s partner companies, I co-presented with a client on a topic containing the same title as this post. We received comments like, “Geez, you’re scaring me,” “We’re in better shape than I would’ve guessed,” and “We’ve got some work to do [in marketing]!” All-in-all, it was a highly attended and very well-received topic.
One of the highlights of the session was our Marketing Readiness Quiz. How you score on the quiz helps determine how equipped you or your company are to tackle marketing for your brand.
Many of our session attendees told us they plan to take the results of their self-assessment to company leadership as a means to help build the case for more marketing resources. (You’ll have the opportunity shortly to take the quiz yourself!)
We also shared a few somewhat scary stats – or encouraging ones, for you optimists – about marketing in today’s environment; I call it the “holy crap factor.” So… if you need help building the case for marketing, maybe some of these stats will help you:
- Every Minute of Every Day…
- Google translates 69.5 million words
- More than 3.5 million texts are sent
- Amazon makes $222,000 in sales
- Users upload more than 833,000 files to Dropbox
- …and the list goes on.
The progression of digital communications has indeed changed the marketing landscape:
- 95% of B2B buyers consider vendor-related content as trustworthy
- The percentage is NOT even close to being that high in the B2C world!
- 47% of B2B buyers consume 3-5 pieces of content prior to engaging with a salesperson
- Nearly 50% of your prospects are well into the sales funnel before you talk to them!
- Smartphone, tablet and other mobile devices will drive more than two-thirds of all internet traffic in 2017
- That’s now! Is your site mobile-friendly?
- The top 5 content types customers used in the past year to make B2B purchasing decisions include white papers, webinars, case studies and e-books
- How much of your marketing content includes these tactics?
If you’re a seasoned pro as I am, you’ve come to realize that the crazy world of digital and content marketing is here to stay. So let’s dive in together – and rely on our respective younger, more digitally savvy colleagues to help us along!
As promised, take our Marketing Readiness Quiz. The quiz will instantly reveal your overall results. Once you’ve taken the quiz, you’ll have the opportunity to take advantage of a free one-hour consult with one of our leaders to review your results in detail and help you set some priorities.